Tuesday 18 March 2014

Elisalex the second

I've definitely caught the bug! By Hand London's Elisalex bodice is just amazeballs. So I had to make it again and this fabric was exactly what I'd had in mind for the pattern. Unfortunately it didn't arrive in time so I made my Joel Dewberry version first.
This fabric is some vintage upholstery - Savannah a screen print by Osprey on cotton satin. I totally fell in love with the mahooosive flower print. The moment my little eyes landed on the listing in eBay I knew it would be mine. 

This time, I still managed to chicken out of making the dress with the intended tulip skirt! Barry said I should make it as an A-Line as he's not fond of the tulip shape. So I did and I must admit I quite like it with an A-Line skirt. I used New Look pattern A6053 for the skirt. Yup I feel like such a cheat, I really should be drafting my own skirts by now, especially one as simple as this!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm your name tag swap partner and just thought I'd jump over to check out your site :) This fabric is AMAZING!!!! And the resulting dress is just adorable...great find and great work :) Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete